Associate Reformed Presbyterian (ARP) 2009 Moderator of Synod, Dr. John Richard de Witt, has appointed the members of the Erskine College and Seminary Commission formed at the direction of the June 2009 ARP General Synod meeting.
The commission members are:
· John R. de Witt
· William C. Marsh, pastor of ChristCommunityChurch in Greensboro, N.C.
· Paul T. Mulner, Pastor of Sandy Plains ARP in Tyron, N.C.
· Gordon S. Query, past moderator and elder in First ARP in Columbia, S.C.
· George Samuel Robinson, elder in Oconee ARP in Seneca, S.C
· Roger N. Wiles, pastor of Covenant of Grace ARP in Winston-Salem, N.C
· Kenneth B. Wingate, elder in First ARP in Columbia, S.C.
· Steve Maye, ARP Synod vice-moderator, advisory member.
The 2009 General Synod voted “to instruct the Moderator of Synod to form a special commission to investigate whether the oversight exercised by the Board of Trustees and the Administration of Erskine College and Seminary are in faithful accordance with the Standards of the ARP Church and the synod’s previously issued directives…the commission is directed to report back to General Synod no later than the 2010 meeting of General Synod with a report and the commission’s findings and recommendations.”